In Applicant Management, dynamic questions are used for the selection process, usage of an internal list of criteria, and for assessment. In Employee Management, they are used both in the Events area to record the participants’ preferences and knowledge and to gather feedback after the event, and in the Jobs area.
There are three types of questions (identical in Employee Management and Applicant Management):
- Questions with only a free text field (free text answer)
- Questions for which at most one of the provided answers may be selected (pre-defined, simple, with text)
- Questions for which none, one or several of the provided answers may be selected (pre-defined, multiple, with text)
Click on the links labeled “More information” or “Help on this question type” to see various examples of all three question and answer types.
- 1 Create new question
- 2 Where are dynamic questions used in Applicant Management?
- 3 Where are dynamic questions used in Employee Management?
- 4 Actions
- 5 Related topics
Create new question
- To create a question, click the “Create new question” link on the “Selection criteria” tab.
- This opens a window in which you can word the question, specify its position in the display, and enter the answers.
- If you do not choose the free text answer, you can award points to the different answers. For example, the answer that you would ideally expect will be given 10 points, the others 6, 3 or 1, or no points at all.
- You may also include so-called “knockout questions” for applicants. If applicants fail to select an answer, or select an answer that is awarded 0 points, that person’s application is marked as “Knocked out” in the “Questions” column (overview of all applications).
- You can mark questions as “Must be answered” (tip: use these mandatory questions sparingly). These questions need to be answered before the application process can continue.
- Under “Maximum possible point score”, you can define the maximum score that can be achieved. This value is then shown in the overview even if an applicant actually achieved a higher score.
- Even if you do not specify any value for “Maximum possible point score” when creating a new question, the maximum possible point score for each question will be listed in the overview (HR assessment), along with the actual point score and the resulting percentage value.
- Point score, question catalog (total): 25
- Maximum point score, question catalog (total): 45
- Point score as a percentage (total): 56%
Once you have finished defining all questions and answers, and assigned points to them, click “Add”.
Where are dynamic questions used in Applicant Management?
Selection questions for applicants
You can define additional questions for the applicants in order to create the best possible conditions for a preliminary selection. Applicants answer these questions when they submit their applications online. To define such questions for the applicants, you must select the relevant job in the Job Overview. Selecting a job will take you to the Job profile. The page for creating questions is found under Selection criteria. You also have the option to create a new question (see above), or to re-use existing questions from the question catalog for your job. If an applicant has skipped the questions by clicking “Cancel”, you can email them a reminder to answer those questions by clicking the “Make questions available to be answered and send email” link in the “HR assessment” tab. This action releases the questions for this job to the applicant a second time.
- Recommendation: Include a note in the e-mail that the questions can be answered via "My profile" in the specific application.
“EEOC questions” are questions about the topic of equal opportunity in employment. They are relevant for application processes in the United States. This function complies with applicable law in the United States aimed at guaranteeing equal opportunity in employment. (More information: http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm).
The EEOC questions are ONLY relevant for branch offices in the United States, where they are required by law. If you activate the EEOC questions for branch offices outside the United States, please ensure that collecting this information does not violate local data privacy laws.
This note is also found in the Application process configuration section for each branch office (Settings > Branch offices > Select branch office > Settings tab > Application process configuration).
Please take note of the information on the following page: Information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Activate EEOC questions (U.S. only):
- To use EEOC questions in the application form, navigate to:
- Settings > Branch offices > Select branch > Settings tab > Application process configuration > Click on
- Check the box in the “EEOC questions” section. The questions are then included on the application form. The answers to these questions are not displayed for the respective applicant (in the application documents). They can only be viewed by personnel managers via a report that shows an evaluation about the distribution (e.g. gender, ethnicity, impairments etc.).
Export variables: [Applicant.EEOCGender], [Applicant.EEOCEthnicity], [Applicant.EEOCVeteran], [Applicant.EEOCDisability]
Internal list of criteria for an application
A criteria list can be stored for each job profile. Contrary to the applicant questions, this list is intended for internal use only and will not be displayed externally. There are three types of questions and answers. Clicking the “Create new question link” calls up a window in which you can enter questions for the applicants. If you provide a choice of answers, you can award a points score to each of the answers. After the interview with the applicant, this leads to a points total which can easily be compared with that of other applicants.
Finally, click Save. The question you just created is listed in a tabular view in the “Questions” tab.
Where are dynamic questions used in Employee Management?
For events and also within a job, under the criteria for internal selection, you do not have the option to make answering the questions mandatory. The results are visible in the “Analytics” tab for each event.
Registration questions for an event
To achieve the best possible preparation for an event, you have the option of defining registration questions for the participants. Participants answer these questions when they participate in the event. To define such questions, navigate to the event’s Publication area.
Evaluation for an event
For events, you can create evaluation questions both for the participants and for speakers. The participants answer these questions when the event is over. To define such questions, navigate to Creating the event, then to the Publication area, and enter the details there.
Evaluation questions can be copied from a predefined question catalog, which can be entered under Settings in the Events tab. Select the “Copy evaluation questions from the catalog” action right in the event posting.
Tip: If you want to send the participants an email containing a link to the first evaluation question for the event, you can use the following link in the template: https://[Special.Hostname]/SelfService/MyParticipations/Profile/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/[IF Event.MaxParticipantNumber][Event.MaxParticipantNumber][ELSE]9000[END]/PostQuestions/NextTargetID?resetAnswering=true
In order for this link to work correctly, the questions must first be copied to the registration.
If you want to include the copying in the link, you can do this via the following link:
- for employees: https://[Special.Hostname]/SelfService/MyParticipations/Profile/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/[IF Event.MaxParticipantNumber][Event.MaxParticipantNumber][ELSE]9000[END]/PersID/[Person.ID]/CopySurvey2
- for external participants: https://[Special.Hostname]/Public/ExternalParticipants/Profile/Participation/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/[IF Event.MaxParticipantNumber][Event.MaxParticipantNumber][ELSE]9000[END]/PersID/[Person.ID]/CopySurvey2
Important information for customers that have integrated the following link in templates: https://[Special.Hostname]/SelfService/MyParticipations/Profile/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/PersID/ID/CopySurvey2
- Please that this outdated link redirects to an error page. Replace this link with the new link that includes the copying (see above).
Tip: The following IF query can be used to send an email asking employees and external individuals to answer the evaluation questions:
[IF Person.Typ == 'Mitarbeiter']https://[Special.Hostname]/SelfService/MyParticipations/Profile/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/[IF Event.MaxParticipantNumber][Event.MaxParticipantNumber][ELSE]9000[END]/PersID/[Person.ID]/CopySurvey2[ELSE]https://[Special.Hostname]/Public/ExternalParticipants/Profile/Participation/[Teilnahme.ID]/GeneralData/[IF Event.MaxParticipantNumber][Event.MaxParticipantNumber][ELSE]9000[END]/PersID/[Person.ID]/CopySurvey2[END]
Jobs area — Internal job postings
Internal applications in Employee Management operate on a practically identical principle to those in Applicant Management.
- In Employee Management for events, and in Applicant Management: Copy questions from catalog
- In Employee Management for the Jobs function:
- View job posting preview
- Assign function profile
- Historize job
- Reactivate archived job
- Delete job
- Create reminder for job