Job description (applicant management)
After selecting a job in the jobs overview, you will be taken to the detailed view for that job. Here, you can edit the details of the job’s description by clicking on the yellow pencil icon (). Under the “Internal information” header, you can attach internal documents and indicate the people responsible for this position.
- The logo is used as a fallback resource for all job boards if no logo has been uploaded directly to the job board under Publication for a specific language.
- The job number is an alphanumeric value. This means that letters can be used too.
However, it also means that jobs are sorted in alphanumeric order. Therefore, if you use digits only for your job numbers and want them to be correctly sorted, then you should use a fixed number of digits with leading zeros (e.g. 000001, 000002, 000023, 000123, ...)
- The job title is displayed in internal jobs overviews and is not used as such on job boards. Therefore, this field can contain additional text that is not intended for applicants.
Information from the job requisition
- Type of request
- Questions about the request
- Replacement for
- Preferred start date
- Requires approval by
- Reason for job requisition
- Expected start date
- Starting as
The information displayed here is already defined when creating a new job, for example.
You can fill in the “Education”, “Professional experience”, and “Special knowledge and skills” fields with your expectations for successful applicants. In the last field, you can select the degree or diploma that is required for the job you are trying to fill.
- If you activate this function, it is recommended that the responsible hiring managers (or alternate hiring managers) subscribe to the status "Evaluation by manager" so that they will receive a notification when new applications are submitted.
This setting is configured under User, in the "email notifications" section (/Administration/Users/[ID]/Profile/ReminderSettings):
- Here, next to “Notify me by email when one of my applications changes to the following status:”, select the status “Evaluation by manager”.
- Automatically forward applications to committees
- For this field, select the committees to which the applications should be released automatically.
- Incoming applications will be immediately released to the specified committees. By default, all committee members assigned to a branch office will receive access permissions as soon as an application is released to the relevant committee. If this job requires access for a special combination of committee members, you can list the committee members (from one or more committees) who require access under “Special access for committees”.
- Forward an email to affected committee members for each application
- This setting only takes effect when combined with “Automatically forward applications to committees”.
- The responsible HR expert sees the job and its applicants under “My jobs” and “My applications”, both in search filters and the search links on the home page. In addition, the HR expert’s contact data are included in the job posting, and can be inserted into communication templates such as letters and emails through variables like [Stellen.PBVorname], [Stellen.PBNachname],etc.
- All alternate HR experts can access the jobs and their applications under “My jobs as alternate”.
- The responsible manager is HR’s key partner in selecting an applicant, and has his or her own hiring manager access to all jobs that fall under his/her responsibility and all activated applications for those jobs. Depending on which elements have been activated, the responsible manager can view, edit and approve various content items for the job, and assess all applications that have been activated for his or her review.
- Alternate managers have access to all jobs and applicants that have been activated for the responsible manager, and have the same access permissions to their profiles.
- Like managers, assigned committee members have access to all their assigned jobs and activated applications through their own committee member access.
- Applications are activated for committees in one of two ways:
- automatically (Automatically forward applications to committees) — immediately upon the creation of a new job or through the setting in the Responsibilities section, or
- manually — through the multiple action “Activate for committees in the Applicant overview for the job. Applications can also be activated for selected committees here.
- If the assessment link is enabled for display, the committee member can submit evaluations; otherwise, their access is read-only.
Before you assign a job to a different branch office, make sure that the job has been retracted from all publication channels (see internal and external postings).
Special access for committees
This view presents a table with an overview of the committee members assigned to the job. You can use the Assign committee members link to assign additional committee members.
By default, all committee members assigned to a branch office will receive access permissions when an application (for a job at this branch office) is released to the relevant committee. For this to work, you do not have to define the “Access for committees” for every job, but simply ensure that each committee member is assigned to the correct branch office. In specific cases where a job requires access for a special combination of committee members, you can list the committee members (from one or more committees) who require access under “Special access for committees”.
- Selection criteria
- External job posting
- Internal job posting
- Applicant overview
- Create new application
- Copy job
- Archive / reactivate job
- Delete job
- Create print preview
- Create reminder for this job