External job advertisement
In the "Job advertisement" tab or "External job advertisement" for a job , the job advertisement may be formulated and posted on various external job markets and platforms (also see Job platform providers). Advertising on the internal job market (Intranet) usually requires a separate formulation and is done in the "Internal job advertisement" tab.
Jobs can be published in all active languages. Users can switch between languages using their own navigation system. However, to show immediately when the "Job advertisement" tab is opened whether a job has been advertised in such a way that online applications could be submitted, this is clearly indicated above the Actions on the left-hand side.
- Red dot means that no online application is possible
- A green dot shows that an online application is possible via any language or any channel.
There are several channels for publishing a job externally:
Own job market (Homepage):
- If there is more than one branch, you can select here via the own job market whether the job is to appear only on the job market of the main branch, the job market of one's own branch, or on both. You can find out under which addresses the respective job markets can be effectively retrieved via Integration of Applicant management.
- A publication platform is a separate web application and allows you to publish a job on a range of media (journals, job platforms). Job platform providers such as Unio, Prospective Media (PMS) and Publiconnect work in such a way that the HR expert uses the relevant links for the job to jump to the third-party platform and there maintain the text of the advertisement and all the publication options. This is where he selects the media and posts the job advertisement online for each medium.
- The link to the application form for the job in umantis is always sent too.
- With Broadbean, the text of the advertisement is entered in umantis, transmitted to Broadbean by the interface, and from there prepared for publication on different media. (see Job platforms)
- In contrast to Job Platform Providers, which may be specified in umantis, any number of Job Platforms may be added. As soon as the connection of a Job platform is established in umantis, the action "Create job advertisement" allow the activation of the advertisement for the respective job platform. Analogously, the job advertisement may be deactivated again via "Cancel job".
- If your company uses more than one umantis applicant management system and only one applicant management system can form the main job market on your homepage, a job can also be published by applicant management on the homepage via another umantis applicant management. Here too, you will find details of the integration under Job platform provider.
Other job advertisement channels:
- <a type="article" href="RSS feeds">RSS feeds </a>
- <a type="article" href="Automatic exports">Automatic exports </a>
In addition to the external job advertisement channels described above, umantis also provides the option of advertising jobs internally (Intranet) (see Internal job advertisement).
- For a homogeneous appearance of the job advertisements in the external job market (/Jobs/All), you should never activate more than one job advertisement image in the Configuration mode . If duplicate images appear in the job overview in the external job market, it is recommended to hide the second picture again via the Configuration mode.
- In case there are Performance problems occur when loading the job advertisement overviews, reduce the display with the help of Configuration mode (Configure the table) to 10 lines.
Options for job advertisements
- For each job, you can specify Search criteria (entry as division, employment type, term) under which the advertisement is to be found on the job markets.
- Among the Search criteria a job may be highlighted by means of a "Priority marking" as particularly important, and will therefore appear permanently at the top in the job market.
- You can specify that only offline applications are allowed. This means that applicants cannot apply for the job online.
- If you want to allow applications even if the job has not been published on a platform, check Applications without job advertisement possible.
- There is an option to only publish the advertisement in particular branch offices.
- You can select whether the job advertisement is published with a custom Advertisment layout rather than the standard layout.
- Reminders are also possible.
Various statistics regarding an advertisement are provided, such as the number of applicants that have viewed the job advertisement.
Number of visitors:
The number of visitors indicates how many applicants have viewed a job advertisement, i.e. how many have called up the advertisement. One of the ways that a statistic for the number of visitors is provided is on a job market specific-basis, i.e. separately for both the internal and external job market, as well as for each of the active advertisement languages. In addition to the job market-specific visitor statistic, the total number of visitors is displayed, which in turn indicates the total of all job market-specific visitor statistics.
Adaptive selection listsinternal and on the external job market. Unlike with 'normal' selection lists, adaptive selection lists only display those selection values that have advertised vacancies on the respective job market. The selection list thus relate to the vacancies advertised in the respective job market. Various job markets can thus have different selection lists. After loading the job market, the lists remain static and no longer change with the application of additional search criteria.
With adaptive selection lists, the behavior of a 'branch-specific selection list' can be managed, among other tasks.
If, for example, a company has a branch in the United States and accordingly advertised vacancies in this region, then only these suggestions will be displayed from the cross-branch selection list when making an entry. Vice versa, in a European branch of the same company, consequently only list entries for the jobs advertised in Europe will be displayed.
|Explanation of the adjacent figure 1|
A company has a branch in the USA (job market A) and one in Europe (job market B). The selection lists are identical for all the branches. This means that in the search operation in a branch-specific job market, values are only displayed as recommendations, which are actual components of the advertised vacancies in this job market.
Advertisement text can be formatted using particular special characters. For more advanced formatting, HTML tags can be used.
- The job title and the short description which are also displayed in the published jobs table (job market) cannot be separately formatted. These are meant to be standard for every job.
- The ad only shows text blocks with contents.
To put the text blocks in a different sequence in the advertisement and to insert graphic elements, we recommend that you use HTML advertisement layouts. These need to be developed in advance and uploaded to umantis so that they are available to be assigned to the advertising text. You will find more details on this under Create ad layouts.
Integration of a video in job advertisement
umantis offers the option, to also display videos in job advertisements. The following steps need to be taken
- In an ad template, integrate the filed [Inserat.Titel6] in an iFrame. Example: <iframe width="560" height="315" src=[Inserat.Titel6] frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- Enter the URL of the video in the "Link for video" field, at the desired location in the job advertisement text.
- Creating job advertisements
- Internal job advertisment and internal job market (Intranet)
- External job advertisement and external job market
- Job platforms
- Job platform providers
- RSS feeds
- Automatic exports
- Job description
- Approval process
- Assessment process
- Selection criteria
- Applicants overview
- Advertisement contents