Open the detailed view of an event by selecting the event in the home navigation bar.
HOME EMPLOYEES JOBS ANALYTICS COMPANY EVENTS REMINDERS COMMUNICATION
Events Registrations Instructors Resources
- 1 Settings
- 2 Online course
- 3 Certificate settings
- 4 Instructors
- 5 Reserved resources
- 6 Linked events
- 7 Event is part of
- 8 Event sessions
- 9 Event change log
- 10 Actions
- 11 Applications
- 12 Other tabs
In this area, you can enter basic information about the event here (if you have not already done so when creating the event). This includes:
- Event status
- Person responsible for the event
- Other people responsible for event
- You can add other people responsible for the event here. In general, these people are handled in exactly the same way as the person whose name is specified in the “Responsible” field. However, other people responsible for the event cannot be imported, only exported (by means of the [Event.MoreResponsibleAdmins] variable).
- Registration options (e.g. waiting list)
- Desired number of participants
- What should happen if the maximum number of participants is reached
- Whether participation in the event is subject to approval ("Participation is subject to approval" box is checked)
- Choosing the option “Participation requires approval by supervisor” will cause the email address of the direct supervisor to be automatically entered as the approver when employees register for the event.
- If you select this option, then the “Participation requires approval” setting will be automatically activated at the same time, since it is required in order for this option to work correctly.
- The name of the participation approver is displayed upon registration, so that the person registering for the event can fill in the correct email address for the approver.
- Whether the event is part of a development program
- Where the event is to be published
- Which groups (group members) can see this event in the event catalog
- Which organizational units the event is planned for. This setting does not restrict administrative access, only how it appears in the event catalog. The key factor is which organizational unit a visitor to the event catalog is himself assigned to, and/or to which OUs he has access. (Variable: [Veranstaltung.AusschreibungFuerOrgEinheit])
- The organizational units that people who are allowed to administrate the event have access to. (Variable: [Veranstaltung.OrgEinheit] and [Veranstaltung.OrgEinheitPlusUntergeordnete])
- The matrix organizational units that people who are allowed to administrate the event have access to. (Variable: [Veranstaltung.MatrixOrgEinheit] and [Veranstaltung.MatrixOrgEinheitPlusUntergeordnete])
- If no organizational unit has been selected, then there is no restriction. Once an organizational unit has been selected, however, the event is then no longer visible to any other organizational unit. Caution: This also applies to archived organizational units.
- ID information for import (event key and source system key): If the keys are left empty when the event is generated, the umantis ID for the event is automatically used as the event key. This value is used for exports and re-imports, and may not be empty in the system.
For more information about system behavior and email notifications when approval processes are interrupted, see the article on Creating an event
In order to be able to export event data, you must enter the ID information (event key and source system key). The source system key can be empty, but the event must be clearly identifiable, and no other event may have the same key.
Meanings of event statuses
The list of event statuses can be found here: /Administration/Dropdown/84/Profile
|New||Initial status assigned by the event administrator||manual|
|Planning||Assigned by the event administrator||manual|
|Published||Assigned by the event administrator||manual|
|Ongoing||Assigned by the event administrator||manual|
|Post-processing||Assigned by the event administrator as soon as the event has ended||manual|
If you enter an online course, participants can start and go through it after registering.
An automatic participation status can be set up here after every participation in an online course. The action can optionally be associated with conditions by clicking on the required online course status, or by entering the required result of the online course.
- Conditions for passing the online course
- Online course status
- Online courses have return values in the form of their own status from the following list. After reaching a certain status, a participation status appropriate for your system can be written automatically.
- Not passed
- Not started
- Online course result or Online course result in %
- For online courses that offer a maximum number of points, the result achieved is calculated as a percentage.
- If the participant passed the online course, or if no conditions were defined
- New participation status
- Define the new participation status here.
- Mark as “Participated”
- Check this box if you want “Participated” marking to be applied when a participant passes the online course (or when no conditions are defined).
- If the participant did not pass the online course
- New participation status
- Define the new participation status.
- Mark as “Participated”
- Check this box if you want “Participated” marking to be applied when a participant does not pass the online course.
The settings in this view define the title, period of validity, and document category of the certificates that participants can obtain from this event. Caution: Please note that a certificate can only be created if a certificate title has been entered.
Certificate templates are available under the Communication > Templates tab (/Communications/Templates). More information on the creation, maintenance and use of certificates is available on the overview page for Certificates.
You can enter the following settings for the certificate for an event:
Certificate for this event
- Certificate title*:
- If you wish to create certificates later, then you must have a title.
- Document category:
- Valid from:
- Valid until:
- You can optionally place a custom document template here, in RTF format, for the certificate to be created later. Use variables to allow participant information, valid dates, or even a certificate header to be populated into the document dynamically. If you do not place a document here, then you have the option to dynamically select a certificate template from the central settings when creating certificates.
Certificate required as prerequisite for this event
- Document category:
- Choose a document category here that will later serve as a prerequisite for participation in the event. Event participants that do not have this document category will be advised of the missing prerequisite when registering for the event.
In this section, you can assign instructors and specify the booking period. After assigning instructors, you can then view a table with an overview of the instructors assigned to this event, with additional information and available actions.
Instructor’s visibility in the event posting
- If the eye icon is displayed, then the assigned instructor is visible in the event posting. With the multiple actions Show in event posting profile and Do not show in event posting profile , you can specify whether the instructor(s) should be displayed in the event posting or not.
Information about instructors and booking times
Other person- and booking-related information is displayed in the table (if displayed), e.g. image, salutation, title before name, name, email, language, place of residence, workplace, telephone number, fax number, subject areas, booking times 1 to 3 (with start and end).
The following multiple actions are available:
- Change booking times
- You can change booking times either directly by using the multiple action, or via at the bottom of the table.
- Show in event posting profile
- Do not show in event posting profile
- Send email(s) from template
- Create letter(s) from template
- Remove booking
More information under: Resources
A dashboard can be inserted in this section to show all linked events. These can be either prerequisite events or following events. This makes it possible to build complete sequences of events in which individual events build on one another.
- On the left-hand side of the dashboard, click + Add prerequisite eventsto add more prerequisite events.
- On the right-hand side of the dashboard, click + Add following eventsto add more following events.
The "Prerequisite events" section is used to enter events that are intended as prerequisites for participating in the event displayed in the detailed view. The administrator of an event that requires prior participation in other events can then see in the participant list which participants do not meet one or more requirements for the event. The function also includes a filter, “Meets requirements for event”, which can be selected when adding participants to an event.
To add one or more prerequisite events, click on "+Add prerequisite events" in this section, then select the appropriate events in the events overview. Select events by checking their boxes and executing the multiple action "Assign".
The "Following events" section can be used to enter following events. To add one or more following events, click on "+Add following events" in this section, then select the appropriate events in the events overview. Select events by checking their boxes and executing the multiple action "Assign".
Event is part of
Information in this section indicates whether the currently displayed event is a session in a larger event. If so, the main event(s) to which it belongs are listed here. You can click on "+ Add main events" to add a main event.
The event sessions belonging to the current main event are displayed in this section. Clicking on “+ Add event session” allows you to assign an already active event as an event session within the current main event, or to create a new event session. When creating a new event session, just as when creating a main event, you can enter basic information about the event session.
When assigning event sessions, you can click on the “+ Create and assign multiple event sessions (dates)” action to enter the basic information for the event sessions, and also use the “Event session start and end dates” section to add multiple event sessions with different dates at the same time. This function is helpful if, for example, you are planning events that consist of multiple sessions/training units on different dates. You create multiple “units” at the same time, and can then see all the information you have entered in the overview.
Event change log
- Modification history
In the “Event details” view (or in the event posting), click on theModification historylink at the bottom to access the change log for the given event. This overview provides you with a transparent, easy-to-understand history of the changes made to the event, and is therefore also useful in case of an audit.
The change log shows all changes that have been made to fields in the following views/tabs:
- Details (/Courses/ID/Profile)
- Job posting (/Courses/ID/Publication)
- Reactivate event
- Deactivate event
- Create print preview
- Copy event
- Delete event
- Create reminder for this event
Under Applications, you can export the date details to an external calendar (e.g. Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes). Also, as an administrator, you have the option of using the two user-definable links to create additional actions.