Application forms describe the form that the applicant must fill out in order to apply for the job. By default, the applicants always have to fill in the same fields, but application forms can also be customized for each branch office. An interface from the application form to LinkedIn is possible on both the internal job board and the external job board.
- Certain fields in the application form should never be hidden (even if they appear multiple times). They are automatically controlled by branch office settings and the choice of login method. These fields include:
- Username (login name)
- User language
- Email address
- Never use special characters, spaces, or characters with umlauts or accents in the names of the documents that you upload! This leads to errors that can and should be avoided.
- Certain user roles are authorized to configure the application forms. If you are using a company-specific custom URL (i.e. other than "recruitingapp-ID.umantis.com") for your umantis solution, please note that the configuration of the application forms is only possible through the URL that you used to log in to the system.
- The following fields can be used in the "What else would you like to tell us?" section of the application form, in order to record applicants' comments about themselves or about their application:
- Comments about the person
- The comments entered here are saved to the person's record. (Import variable: [Bewerbung.Anmerkungen])
- Comments about the application
- The comments entered here are saved to the application. (Import variable: [Bewerbung.AnmerkungenZurBewerbung])
Branch-specific application forms
Branch office-specific configuration of application forms allows for an individualized layout of fields on the application forms for each branch office. Changes can therefore be made as necessary for different legal jurisdictions.
The configurations of the application forms can be applied by the administrator in the branch office settings for each branch office. There, the administrator can select the fields that are to be displayed or hidden in the application form for a job at this branch office.
- US-compliant application forms: EEOC Questions
- Please note that the fields in the branch office-specific form can only be displayed if they were both displayed globally through the use of Configuration mode, and also enabled in the branch office-specific configuration.
- In general, the password field in application forms may not be hidden. If you do not want to require the use of password, use the function Application without login.
- If you want to use branch office-specific configurations, you must activate the setting to "Enable branch office-specific settings".
- The forms behave similarly for unsolicited applications, i.e. if the applicant is on a branch office-specific job board, then the form is laid out according to the settings that have been entered for that branch office.
Application without login
When the "Application without login" option is activated, the applicant is not required to enter a password, and providing an email address is only optional. Please pay attention to the notes under the Branch office settings. Activate the "Application without login" option under: Settings > Branch offices > Select branch office > Settings tab > Application process > click on and check the box for "Activate application without login".
|Explanation of Figure 1|
First, the application form fields for the given branch office are set up in the Settings. Only after a field is approved in one or both branch offices is it actually possible to display and hide the individual fields of the form in Configuration mode.
Overview of configurable fields
All person— and application-specific fields that are relevant to creating an application can be configured. Examples include first name, last name, date of birth etc. Fields that relate to a job, such as job location in the case of unsolicited applications, are not configurable. Likewise, additional personal fields that are requested as part of the master data sheet, such as details regarding a partner or the applicant's bank details, are not available for branch office-specific customization.
- The configuration supports only the display and hiding of fields on the form. Other changes, such as renamings, etc., cannot be applied to a specific branch office, and always apply globally.
Overview of configuration-dependent forms
All forms that can be used to enter an application are dependent on the configuration settings of the associated branch office. This applies both to applications that are created by an applicant (internal and external), and to applications that are created by third parties (such as the HR expert or a recruiter). For detailed information about the ways in which forms can be configured, see Application forms & application documents in umantis Applicant Management.
Display in the application documents/master data sheet
An applicant's application documents/master data sheet is designed to be the same for all branch offices. If an applicant has applied for multiple jobs at different branch offices within the company, then all fields that the applicant had to complete during the application process are displayed in the overview.
- If the Middle name field was requested in the application for the job at branch office A, but not in the application for the job at branch office B, all fields that were displayed in at least one job application (including "Middle name", in this example) are listed together in the application documents/master data sheet.
|Explanation of Figure 2|
An applicant has applied for one job at branch office A and another at branch office B. The forms for the two branch offices were configured specifically for each branch office. The application forms contain the following fields:
In the master data sheet, the applicant sees all fields displayed together, i.e. fields 2, 3, 5 and 6.